There is no doubt about what you should do after suffering injuries or losing a loved one in Daytona. Take care of your physical, psychological, and emotional health.
Next, hire the Daytona personal injury lawyers from Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A. We will demand the full financial recovery you are entitled to, just as we have done for clients since 1983.
Our firm has handled countless cases in Daytona, providing us with familiarity with the city’s civil court system. We will urgently file your case and pursue a fair financial recovery with liable parties.
Daytona Personal Injury Guide
- Why Choose Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A. for a Daytona Personal Injury Case?
- Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Daytona
- Do I Really Have to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What Our Legal Team Will Do for You
- We Combat Insurers’ Bad-Faith Tactics
- Recoverable Damages We Will Consider When Leading Your Case in Daytona
- Call Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A. Today for Your Free Consultation
Why Choose Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A. for a Daytona Personal Injury Case?
Your goal should be to hire a trustworthy law firm most capable of handling your case in Daytona.
We believe that Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A. is that firm because:
- We offer more than four decades of experience: We began serving clients in Florida in 1983. That means we have handled personal injury cases for more than 40 years, building our firm with each passing year. Every personal injury case comes with challenges and uncertainty, and our long history of representing clients like you will come in handy.
- We know Daytona: Our attorneys have led many cases in Daytona Beach. We know intersections, businesses, and other locales that may be relevant to your case. Our team also knows the Daytona court system well so that we can file case-related documents without delay.
- We never hesitate to go to trial: We aren’t a law firm that backs down from adversity. While we hope liable parties meet our settlement demands, this doesn’t always happen. When it is in our client’s best interests, we accept the time and cost of completing a trial.
- Elite client service is our standard: There is nothing average about our team. Our lawyers, paralegals, and support staff strive for excellence in every area of our representation. Expect proactive communication, help with case-related appointments, and all-around excellent service when you hire us.
- You will have a personal relationship with your lawyer: Connecting with clients is one of the greatest benefits of our job. You will have your lawyer’s phone number, and they will contact you regularly with case updates and check-ins regarding your recovery.
Building a successful personal injury or wrongful death case is a team effort. When choosing the team to represent you, choose one with a stellar reputation among former clients. Choose Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Daytona
Our firm employs a versatile team of dedicated, talented legal professionals with varying experience.
This robust team enables to handle many different personal injury case types, including those that involve:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Animal attacks (including dog bites)
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Negligent security
- Premises liability
- Workplace accidents (including construction accidents)
- Highway and interstate accidents
We have the capable attorneys, experience, and resources to handle any of these cases effectively. If you suffered injuries in circumstances not listed here, we want to hear from you.
We Also Handle Wrongful Death Cases Throughout Florida
Many clients come to us with injuries. Others come to us, reeling from the loss of a loved one. These losses can be either unexpected (in the case of an auto accident, for instance) or expected (such as when someone passes from toxic exposure at their job).
Our attorneys serve those affected by wrongful deaths by:
- Displaying endless compassion, which is necessary when someone is mourning a loss
- Demanding a large financial recovery from liable parties (the settlement or verdict must reflect the gravity of losing a loved one)
- Allowing the client to grieve in peace by handling every step of their case
You may have injuries that will heal. You may have disabling injuries. You may have suffered the tragic and permanent loss of a loved one. In either case, the Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A. team is here to help.
Do I Really Have to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You are not required to hire a personal injury lawyer, but there are several reasons why you might.
Some common reasons to hire a Daytona personal injury attorney include:
- The importance of your recovery (or grieving process): Nothing should come before your health. While your claim or lawsuit is important, it should never take away from your treatment and rest. By hiring a Daytona personal injury attorney from our team, your recovery can remain your top priority.
- Your limited experience with claims and lawsuits: Most clients have little experience handling insurance claims. Even if they have led their own claims, the financial result may have been disappointing. When you desire a total financial recovery, turn to those whose job is getting financial justice for victims of negligence.
- Our extensive experience seeking financial justice for clients: Our firm leads claims and lawsuits daily. It is difficult to overstate the importance of such experience when seeking a settlement or verdict.
- Our financial support: Our firm will provide total financial support for your case. We will pay filing costs, retain experts, cover transportation costs, and shoulder every other expense related to your claim or lawsuit. We will work to recoup our costs by securing the compensation you deserve (we will receive a fair percentage of the recovery).
- Our ability to file lawsuits and complete trials: Lawsuits can be even more complicated than insurance claims. With our firm handling your case, you can file a lawsuit if necessary. We can take your case to court if liable parties don’t offer a fair settlement.
We use contingency fees. With this fee structure, you won’t pay our firm any upfront compensation. We will pay the upfront cost of your case and will only receive a fee if you receive a settlement or judgment. This arrangement removes the financial risk of hiring an attorney.
What Our Legal Team Will Do for You
Our team intends to obtain the entire financial recovery you are entitled to. We will build a detailed, air-tight case by:
Investigating the Event(s) That Caused You Harm
We will gather all relevant information about the harmful event, whether you suffered an injury in a car accident, workplace accident, or other circumstances.
Our investigations typically involve:
- Visiting any locations that are relevant to your case
- Interviewing witnesses whose perspective is relevant to your case
- Scouring local security cameras and other video sources for evidence
- Collaborating with law enforcement officials as necessary
- Taking any other necessary steps to gather information about your case
We rely on our attorneys and investigators to detail our clients’ cases.
Securing All Relevant Evidence
Evidence is unique to each case we handle.
As we investigate the harmful event(s), we will seek:
- Witness accounts detailing negligence by liable parties
- Police notes and reports
- Video footage of circumstances relevant to your case
- Photographs that help tell the story of negligence
- Expert testimony about why your accident happened and who is responsible
- Any other evidence that contributes to your claim or lawsuit
Our seasoned attorneys know which types of evidence to seek and how to obtain such evidence. We may need to take legal action to obtain certain evidence, and we will do so promptly.
Documenting the Damages We Are Seeking Compensation For
The average economic cost of an auto accident causing disabling injuries is hundreds of thousands of dollars. Falls, workplace accidents, and other harmful events can be similarly costly.
We will not only calculate your damages but will also obtain proof of each damage, which may include:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- X-rays and other images of injuries
- Income statements proving lost income
- A mental health expert’s diagnosis of your psychological and emotional symptoms, including PTSD
- Invoices (for vehicle repairs, replacement of damaged property, temporary transportation, and other recoverable expenses)
Your own words may be relevant. After all, only you can attest to the pain you have experienced because of someone’s negligence.
Pinpointing a Fair Settlement Value
Negotiating a Settlement with Liable Parties
The rubber meets the road when we start settlement negotiations. We will have our evidence of negligence, documentation of damages, and settlement demands prepared. Your attorney will then present this information and demand that liable parties pay what you deserve.
Completing a Trial (if Necessary)
Some law firms shy away from trial. Going to court can be expensive, time-intensive, and frustrating at times. However, our team is always willing to go to trial when it is the right decision for our client.
A trial may involve:
- Extensive pre-trial preparation
- A pre-trial discovery process
- Dynamic oral arguments
- Questioning witnesses
- Presenting and critiquing evidence
- Explaining your damages to a jury
- Making persuasive closing arguments, at which time we will ask the jury to award you the compensation your damages warrant
A trial is not for the inexperienced. Fortunately, the Daytona Beach personal injury attorneys at Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A., have extensive experience in the courtroom.
Managing Every Other Aspect of Your Case in Daytona
Personal injury claims involve many unpredictable challenges and moving parts.
- Oversee all case-related communications (as a means of protecting your rights and moving the case forward as efficiently as possible)
- Draft, fact-check, and submit all case-related paperwork promptly
- Advise you about what to do (and what not to do) as we handle your case
- Update you frequently about your case status
- Manage every other aspect of your case
We consider ourselves a full-service law firm, and we never settle for any result that is less than you deserve.
We Combat Insurers’ Bad-Faith Tactics
One of our duties will be to protect and advise you throughout the claims process. We say “protect” because insurers’ intention is not always to pay victims of negligence fairly.
Instead, insurance companies sometimes:
- Delay claims unnecessarily
- Accuse a victim of negligence for causing their own dire circumstances
- Undervalue the financial cost of losses
- Extend lowball settlement offers
- Pressure claimants to accept the lowball settlement offers
- Confuse claimants about the details of insurance policies
- Engage in other tactics meant to deprive the claimant of the compensation they deserve
Insurers most often prioritize their bottom lines. Just as you have a right to fight for all of the compensation you deserve, insurers have a right to try and save as much money as possible.
Hiring a lawyer from our team will spare you the potential headaches of dealing with insurance companies.
Recoverable Damages We Will Consider When Leading Your Case in Daytona
Our clients tell a different story, and damages can vary immensely from one client to the next.
Even so, some of the common damages we encounter in clients include:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation-related expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental health treatment costs
- Property expenses
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
When a client suffers disabling injuries or loses a loved one, we often see additional damages. The disabled may need medical equipment, in-home care, and lifelong income replacement. Those affected by a wrongful death need compensation for funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and several other damages.
You can be certain that our team at Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A. will value your damages accurately and fight relentlessly for the compensation you are entitled to.
Call Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A. Today for Your Free Consultation
Your case is time-sensitive. From obtaining evidence to filing any necessary lawsuit, we must keep formal and informal deadlines in mind. The sooner you contact our team, the more time we will have to build and file your case.
Call our firm today at (386) 703-1177 for your free, no-obligation consultation. You have no obligation to hire us just because you complete a consultation, so there is no risk in speaking with our team. We look forward to discussing a possible case with you today.
Bagen Law – Daytona Office
Address: 128 Orange Ave Suite 227, Daytona Beach, FL 32114